The A Better U Coaching Service is a community based social prescribing service, delivered across South Tyneside, aimed at people with COPD or Diabetes. The Service has two goals:
- To improve the quality of life for people by increasing their skills, knowledge and confidence to manage their wellbeing.
- To reduce costs and or improve value for the NHS in treating them.
The A Better U Coaching Service will support patients to manage their health and wellbeing better. It will help them take up healthy activities, access services and take more control through encouragement and connections.
Our team of Link Workers integrate within partner organisations, offering multiple entry points for referrals:
- Primary Care – we use a coaching approach to increases a person’s skills, knowledge and confidence to manage their own health. We currently work with people with long-term conditions (initially COPD and Diabetes) or who are frequently attending for non-medical reasons.
- Integrated Care Team – we support people to get involved in the local community and improve their health and wellbeing.
- Secondary care – as above. We currently work with people with LTCs or who are frequently attending A&E for non-medical reasons.
You can make a referral via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0191 4324582.
You can get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com .