This 3 hour session will provide an understanding of Alcohol and Substance misuse and give attendees the ability to identify clients needing support using a range of assessment tools and demonstrate skills in having motivating conversations with clients.
• Understand the facts about alcohol
• Understand why people drink
• Understand what units are and what they mean
• Identification of harmful drinkers
• Understand the most common drugs and the effects they have
• Understand the legal issues of drug use
• An introduction to novel psychoactive substances
Free for those working in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any staff working in the South Tyneside area and would like a greater understanding of alcohol and substance misuse, including identifying the problem and providing brief advice.
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***