A carer is anyone, including children and adults who looks after a family member, partner or friend who needs help because of their illness, frailty, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction and cannot cope without their support. The care they provide is unpaid.
The session will provide an awareness of hidden carers, provide you to be confident to ‘Think Carer’ and provide you with a conversational framework which allows you to support the carer with what matters to them.
- Increase awareness of Hidden Carers
- Increase confidence to ‘Think Carer’
- Consider the barriers and how to overcome them
- Knowledge of the support for carers
- Practice a conversational framework
- Ask: take notice and engage
- Assist: provide information
- Act: offer and connect to support
Free for those working and volunteering in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any staff working in the South Tyneside area and would like a greater understanding of alcohol and substance misuse, including identifying the problem and providing brief advice.
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***