This FREE course has been developed to increase the skills and knowledge of Healthcare Professionals wishing to deliver NHS Health Checks.
- What is Change for Life and where do Health Checks fit in
- Aims and elements of the Health Check
- The epidemiology of CVD; national and local picture, fixed and modifiable risk factors.
- Assessing and managing CV risk; who to include
- Communicating risk and assessing a patient/clients thoughts re: lifestyle changes using evidence based behaviour techniques
- Point of Care testing (POC), finger stick blood collection, Quality Assurance Scheme and Health Options® Software
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Nurses, Pharmacists and Health Care Assistants as well as community groups commissioned to deliver health checks in of South Tyneside. Please note this training is only available to those who currently deliver NHS Health Checks.