***Only suitable for organisations currently commissioned to deliver NHS Health Checks in South Tyneside***
This training is designed for those who have previously qualified as an Advisor and are delivering NHS Health Checks in their role. As with all Health Advisor roles, refresher training is required on an annual basis.
- What is Change for Life and where do Health Checks fit in.
- Aims and elements of the Health Check.
- The epidemiology of CVD; national and local picture, fixed and modifiable risk factors.
- Assessing and managing CV risk; who to include, evidence about effectiveness of interventions.
- Communicating risk and assessing a patient/clients thoughts re: lifestyle changes using evidence based behaviour techniques.
- C4L programme the way forward.
- Point of Care testing (POC), finger stick blood collection, Quality Assurance Scheme and Health Options® Software
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Half Day plus 1hr for those who require Health Options® Software update
This training is designed for those who have previously qualified as an advisor and are delivering NHS Health Checks in their role in South Tyneside.
***once your booking form is completed you will received a confirmation email***