To provide training in the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver effective very brief advice on smoking.
• Be aware of the patterns and prevalence of smoking within South Tyneside
• Understand the harmful effects of smoking, dependence and withdrawal
• Understand current advice on e-cigarettes and legislation
• Enable staff to promote the use and benefits of the NHS Stops Smoking Service
• Feel confident in delivering the components of VBA (Ask, Advise and Act)
Free for those working and volunteering in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Who should attend:
This course is designed for all front-line staff in South Tyneside in time sensitive roles that may have an opportunity to have a quick but effective conversation about stopping smoking.