This FREE course has been developed to increase the skills and knowledge of Healthcare Professionals working in General Practice wishing to deliver NHS Health Checks.
• Current uptake of Health Checks in the area and how that fits into the local health agenda
• Aims and elements of a Health Check
• The epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disease/Dementia
• Assessing and managing risk; who to include; fixed and modifiable risk factors
• QRisk - 10 year risk of heart attack and stroke
• Cholesterol, blood pressure and BMI explained
• The National Picture & Local Picture
• Communicating risk and assessing a patient/clients thoughts re: lifestyle changes using evidence based behaviour techniques
Healthcare professionals working in General Practice identified to deliver health checks in the Stockton, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Redcar & Cleveland areas only.