This training is designed for those who have previously qualified as Health Check Advisors and are delivering Health Checks in their role. As with all Health Advisor roles, refresher training is encouraged on an annual basis.
• Aims and elements of the Health Check
• Cardiovascular disease
• Risk factors and communicating the risk.
• The national and local picture
• Brief information on the National Diabetes Programme
• Lifestyle referrals
• Conversation techniques
• Q-Risk update by Ross Gallagher
Nurses, Pharmacists, Health Care Assistants and other staff identified to deliver NHS Health Checks in the Teesside locality.