What we deliver
First Contact Clinical has been providing drug and alcohol treatment since 2003. We have gained our extensive knowledge and skills through working with people with addictions.
First Contact Clinical deliver the South Tyneside Substance Misuse Service. We use an integrated model that combines peer support, psychosocial interventions, and excellent clinical care at each stage of a person’s recovery journey.
Our vision is to provide person centred care that supports recovery, and ultimately helps people to achieve lifelong abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
To achieve this, we:
- Challenge ourselves to make everything that we do, from specialist prescribing to collaborative care planning, of the very highest quality.
- Work in community based treatment hubs near to where people live.
- Believe that excellent primary care is essential for recovery, and build effective partnerships with local GPs, Community Pharmacists, and colleagues from the wider treatment system.
- Offer a full range of evidence based treatment that recognises the complex nature of addiction and its consequences.
- Use the power of peer support and Mutual Aid in making recovery visible and achievable.
- Are a member of SMART Recovery.
- Recognise the needs of families and carers, and provide support and guidance.
- Connect with what is available and fill the gaps that we find.
To learn more about First Contact Clinical's Addiction Services please contact us.
For Service Users
For more information about how we can support you throughout your recovery please see our Patient Information Leaflet. For information on the OST (Opioid Substitution Treatments) available see our Guide to Methadone and Buprenorphine.