The overall aim of the MECC training is to help improve the health and wellbeing amongst service users, staff and the general public across South Tyneside. Everyday there are many opportunities to have conversations around encouraging healthier lifestyles. The idea is to equip staff with the skills and confidence to address health issues. It is about starting a conversation and then knowing where to signpost.
MECC forms the foundation of the C4L programme and is suitable for all staff. For more in depth knowledge around specific health issues further modules in the C4L programme are available.
• Understand the C4L South Tyneside Agenda
• Health statistics and key health messages in South Tyneside,
• To enable staff to raise awareness of the benefits of lifestyle and behaviour change
• Helping staff to understand the importance of health and behaviour change
• Use simple conversation skills to apply MECC when the opportunity arises
Free for those working in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all people working within South Tyneside who are looking to understand more about the health issues that are faced by residents of the area and would like to learn skills to support behaviour change. No previous training is necessary.
Please note to participate in the session you will need:
- A device with a large enough screen to view the presentation slides
- A working microphone to participate in group activities (our quick guide can support you to test your audio)
- A webcam desirable (but not essential)
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***