The aim of this course is to offer a wider understanding of what is involved in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight through dietary management and physical activity. It will include information on behaviour change techniques and when to use them to direct clients towards a healthier lifestyle.
• To understand what is meant by the term “healthy weight”
• How can we maintain/reach a healthy weight?
• Understanding portion sizes
• To identify under-/over-weight clients who may need additional support
• Deliver brief advice on the benefits of healthy diet and physical activity with confidence
• To provide tools to produce an effective, collaborative change plan with clients
Free for those working or volunteering in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for front-line members of staff, working within South Tyneside who would like to be able to apply behaviour change techniques to conversations with patients about healthy weight, healthy eating and physical activity.