NHS Health Check is part of a national initiative to prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and dementia. This session will provide attendees with an overview of the Health Check process and tools to introduce the health check to eligible clients.
• The aims of the NHS Health Check and how this fits with the local picture
• What cardiovascular disease is
• To understand the NHS Health Check process
• Identify the risk factors
• How to approach the subject of NHS Health Checks
• Signpost appropriately
1 ½ hours
Free for those working in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
This course is designed for all front line staff such as GP receptionists, pharmacy counter staff and anyone coming into contact with the public and who may have the opportunity to have quick but effective conversations about NHS Health Checks and sign post to the appropriate service.
Dates: Coming soon