This course has been developed to increase the skills and knowledge of Healthcare Professionals working in General Practice wishing to deliver NHS Health Checks.
- Current uptake of Health Checks in the area and how that fits into the local health agenda
- Aims and elements of a Health Check
- The epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disease/Dementia
- Assessing and managing risk; who to include; fixed and modifiable risk factors
- QRisk - 10 year risk of heart attack and stroke
- Cholesterol, blood pressure and BMI explained
- The National Picture & Local Picture
- Communicating risk and assessing a patient/clients thoughts re: lifestyle changes using evidence based behaviour techniques
Nurses, Pharmacists, Health Care Assistants and other staff identified to deliver NHS Health Checks in the Teesside locality.