Mental Health is a spectrum from optimum positive mental wellbeing through to experiencing mental illness. We are all on the continuum and move around depending on our life experiences. In this session we look at what can impact on our mental wellbeing and the support that is available in South Tyneside.
The session will provide an awareness of what is meant by mental health, mental wellbeing and mental illness. The training will support you to be confident to ‘Think Mental Health’ and provide you with a conversational framework which allows you to support the person with what matters to them and make positive changes for their mental health and wellbeing.
- Identify what is meant by mental health, mental wellbeing and mental illness, including recognised definitions, models and frameworks.
- Develop skills and confidence to engage with people about their mental health and wellbeing.
- Develop skills to support people to understand distressing feelings and experiences.
- Develop awareness of local support services and how to effectively signpost service users to the appropriate service
- Develop confidence to understand and implement appropriate signposting pathways
Free for those working in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***