To raise awareness about self-harm and to provide a range of tools and techniques to support someone who self-harms.
- Look at the myths and stigma associated with self-harm and its prevalence.
- Relationship between self-harm and suicide.
- Reasons why people self-harm.
- Biological and psychological effects of self-harm on an individual.
- Ways to support someone who self-harms.
- Problem solving techniques including the bank of hope and ABC.
- How to talk to someone about their self-harm.
- How to co-produce an immediate and long-term safety plan.
- Resources available to support someone who is living with self-harm.
Free for those working in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***