This 2 hour and 15 minute session will provide an understanding of Substance misuse and give attendees the ability to identify clients needing support and demonstrate skills in having motivating conversations with clients.
• Understand the most common drugs and the effects they have
• Understand the legal issues of drug use
• An introduction to novel psychoactive substances
2 hours and 15 minutes
Free for those working or volunteering in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
For more information click here
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any staff working in the South Tyneside area and would like a greater understanding of substance misuse, including identifying the problem and providing brief advice.
Please note to participate in the session you will need:
- A device with a large enough screen to view the presentation slides
- A working microphone to participate in group activities (our quick guide can support you to test your audio)
- A webcam desirable (but not essential)
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***